Search This Blog

Friday, July 15, 2011

Mischief Managed.. My childhood is officially over.

I just finished watching the last, EVER harry potter movie. EVER! .. I am very, very sad about it. Does it make me lame and a nerd? Yes, yes it does. But I can't help it, it's how I feel.

I honestly feel .. Well I can't really even explain it. I think the word that comes closer is lost. That's it I feel lost now. For half my life I have been loyally waiting for either the next book or the next film and now I don't know what to wait for anymore.

Harry Potter was more than a bunch of books to me. I feel like Harry was my one, true companion throught my whole awkward pre-teen and teenage years. When I felt more alone I would just open a book and escape to Hogwarts. When I felt that nobody cared about me I would read about Harry and how brave and good he was despite the fact that he had no parents.

You see, Once upon a time, there was a 12 year old girl that had to leave her parents behind. This girl felt so alone in the world that she would lose herself in books just to pretend her life was different, that her life was happy. Then one day she read this story about a boy, a year younger than her that had it all worse than she did. He didn't have his parents with him either you see but unlike the girl he was also mistreated by his aunt and uncle. Then one day everything just changed for him when he was told he was a wizard. The girl was fascinated with the boy's story because she could relate to him so much. Like she had never been able to relate to anyone or anything else before. I was that one lonely, awkward 12 year old girl, and this is how my love for Harry Potter began. Since that day I haven't been able to stop reading about or watching Harry grow up. In a way I feel like we grew up together, him and I.

So now I thank you J.K. Rowling for giving me this magical world where I could escape to, no, where I DID escape to for the last 10 years of my life. And I thank each and everyone of the actors that did a remarcable job at portraying my favorite characters. I am sure I will revisit howgwarts many times again for years to come. But for now all I can say is .. Mischief Managed!

No comments:

Post a Comment